Shelf Portraits – Culture Corporation
Design: Claus Bjerre, Ditte Hammerstrøm and Jeremy Walton. (Culture Corporation)
Intervention: Fabrikken for Kunst og design. Factory for art and design. Copenhagen.
Ten people were invited to give a selection of objects from their lofts or cellars storage, in exchange for a nominal payment, of about £15. The objects were to fit a shelf 1 meter long, 28 cm high and 15 cm in depth.
These objects were wrapped together with and onto the shelf, creating a shelf as a new object. The form is predicted by the person, the object becomes a portrait of the person.
- Material: Unneeded Belongings, Polythene, ash.
- Production / Technique: Wrapping
- Dimensions: 1 meter
- Trapholt, 2004: ‘Shelf portraits’. Culture Corporation. Biennalen for Craft and Design. Kolding
- Nordjyllands Art Museum, 2005: ‘Shelf portraits’. Culture Corporation. Biennalen for Craft and Design. Aalborg.
- Relating Projects: Culture Shrink, Culture Corporation.